Tuesday, August 22, 2017

In Christ Alone

Tuesday, August 22, 2017 (9:07 a.m.)
And I’m back!

Almost immediately.

Father, You know my heart. Challenges. Struggles. Insecurities. You know the doubts that plague me. Constantly. The comparisons.

Yes Father, I confess to You the intense, unending, negative comparisons I continue doing on myself. When it comes to judging oneself harshly, I am looking to You. Actively seeking Your power in changing my seemingly natural tendencies.

Your Word, as always, continues giving me direction. Your call for me to explore Galatians 6:4 is interrupted only by my plea that You would truly work in me here Dearest Lord. In my own strength and determination, I fail. Miserably.

Please, do all You wish in, with, by, through and for me. Provide all that is needed that I would truly come to the place that I absolutely “depend on Christ alone for salvation and daily strength” (Galatians THE BOTTOM LINE The Life Recovery Bible).

And here the music begins again. This time ♪In Christ Alone♪ Mm, yes Blessed Father let me truly come to stand in the love and power of Christ alone. On my own, with my own devices I will continue failing.

The Message urges us to, “Make a careful exploration of who you are and the work you have been given, and then sink yourself into that. Don’t be impressed with yourself. Don’t compare yourself with others. Each of you must take responsibility for doing the creative best you can with your own life” (Galatians 6:4).

I confess to continue seeing myself as a wretched, horrible person. My thoughts [and comparisons] are anything but You glorifying.

New Living Translation tells us, “Be sure to do what you should, for then you will enjoy the personal satisfaction of having done your work well, and you won’t need to compare yourself to anyone else.”

I can’t do this on my own Blessed God! YOU can do it all!! I look to You to do ALL for me that I cannot do for myself. I desperately want to love You, myself and others (Mark 12:30-31) as You command. 

Change me Lord. Do all You must. I love You. And I am thanking You in advance for all that is to come.

Thank You Father. I love You. Amen.
(383 words ~ 10:00)

No comments:

Post a Comment