Sunday, August 20, 2017

how cool is He?!

Sunday, August 20, 2017 (6:29 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You! There was much activity in my dreams last night. What I remember more than anything was the distinct call to, “Be still and know that I am God” (Psalm 46:10). Wow! How cool was that?

Even cooler still was coming out here just now to find that I was once again singing ♪Great Is Thy Faithfulness♪ Blessed Father God, how I thank You for the ways You work in us. Often without our even noticing.

Thank You that as much of our nation is preparing to be wowed tomorrow by the Great American Eclipse of 2017, I am singing words that bring it to mind. ♪Summer and winter and spring time and harvest, Sun, moon and stars in their courses above, Join with all nature in manifold witness To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love♪

Holy God, I anticipate much of the nation joining together in saying, “Wow! How cool was that?” Mm, yes Father. With all of the hype and watch parties leading up to some two minutes and forty seconds of totality, what would it be like to have all this attention focused on You?

As this nation is currently in such a state of political and social unrest, how I pray the third verse of this hymn to You. ♪Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth, Thy own dear presence to cheer and to guide. Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow - Blessings all mine with ten thousand beside♪

Oh yes Blessed Father! ♪Great is Thy faithfulness! Great is Thy faithfulness! Morning by morning new mercies I see; All I have needed Thy hand hath provided. Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me

Mm, yes, Holy God. Great is Thy faithfulness! Let us truly “be still and know” that You are indeed God. The Commander of the heavenly armies. Right here in our midst.

As the people of this nation are banding together to witness this natural phenomenon, how I pray we would come to witness much more than that. Let it be YOU Who is exalted, praised and honored tomorrow.

The Message uses these words for Psalm 46:10, “Step out of the traffic! Take a long, loving look at me, your High God, above politics, above everything.” Mm. Yes! Father, great is Your faithfulness.

Rather than asking, “how cool was that?” let us each whole heartedly declare, “How cool is HE?!” Oh Lord. Yes Lord. Please Lord. How cool are You! Thank You. I love You. Use me well this day. Thank You. Amen.

(434 words ~ 7:37 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment