Wednesday, August 16, 2017

enough

Wednesday, August 16, 2017 (7:11 a.m.)
Blessed, Holy God,

“It works. Enough.” I just heard myself say these words and I’m still smiling. For a person who is excruciatingly hard on herself, anything working enough is such a foreign concept to my way of thinking. Thank You Father.

Thank You that You know us so well. Our thoughts. Our hopes. Our past. Our present. Our future. All that we are. All that we want to be. 

Blessed Holy God, I look to You. Oh, how I look to You. And to Your Word. Yes, Father. Thank You that we have Your Word of which to turn.

This morning as I consider the word enough, I am reminded that ♪Your grace is enough for me♪ (Chris Tomlin). Oh thank and praise You God.

Reading the lyrics to this praise song, I begin singing a different hymn. ♪Great Is Thy Faithfulness♪. So much is going on in my mind right now.

Your grace. Lovingkindness. Mercy. Faithfulness. Is enough. Sufficient. Mm. Yes. Thank You.

Your Word tells us that Your kindness and strength was enough for the apostle Paul in his weakness (2 Corinthians 12:9 Worldwide English). The poem Great is Thy Faithfulness set to music sings of ♪Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow Blessings all mine with ten thousand beside!♪

Seems like more than enough for me Lord! Yes, please Father. Let Your power be made strong in my weakness. You know there is plenty to go around! Enough. Far more than enough.

Thank You Father. Use me exactly as You wish this day. I love You. I long to serve and represent You well. I need You. I want You. I love You. And I thank You. Oh, how I thank You. Amen.
(287 words ~ 10:25 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment