Friday, August 4, 2017

patience

Friday, August 4, 2017 (6:51 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You that You are such a good God. Thank You for Your patience with me.

Yesterday I noticed the words that automatically came out of my mouth when things didn’t go my way. Forgive me Father. I truly long to bless, not curse.

Therein lies my thanks for Your patience. You work with me tirelessly. Thank You Father.

This morning I turn to Psalm 86:15 in the Easy-to-Read version of Your Word. “My Lord, You are a kind and merciful God. You are patient, loyal, and full of love.”

Mm, how blessed we are to be loved by You. Thank You.

Reading up to verse 11, I find the prayer of my heart this morning. “LORD, teach me Your ways, and I will live and obey Your truths. Help me make worshiping Your name the most important thing in my life.”

Yes please, Father. Yes.

Things are not always going to go the way I want. Empower and enable me to greet irritants as opportunities to praise, not swear. I love You Father. Let that be readily obvious.

Thank You for blessing us. Keeping us. Shining Your face on us. Being gracious to us. Showing us Your favor, and giving us Your peace (Numbers 6:24-26). Equip us in using every single blessing [as well as disruption] to Your good and to Your glory.

We love You Father. Thank You for loving us first. And best. Yes! Thank You. Amen.
(251 words ~ 8:41 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment