Friday, May 6, 2016

through the years

Friday, May 6, 2016 (6:28 a.m.)
Holy God,

It's the date and actual day of the week our baby was born so many years ago. Thank You Father. Thank You for the opportunity to parent. To love. To learn.

Hmm. So many reflective thoughts. Joys. Challenges. Laughter. Tears. Father, thank You for leading and guiding us through the years.
(7:59 a.m.)

Very deep breath and “Hmm” [used to express reflection] again. “Through the years”. This simple phrase lands me reading again in Habakkuk.

Father, thank You for the examples of this prophet. One who questioned why You allowed so much evil in the world and didn't do more to make sure people don't sin (Psalty's Kids Bible).

Thank You for his precedent of dealing with doubt by affirming that in spite of the evil in the world, You have not changed in Your person or Your purpose (The Life Recovery Bible). Hmm. Truth. Thank You.

Thank You for very deep breaths. Reflective thoughts. Your Truth and audible “Hmm” responses. Holy God, thank You that in You we have every single thing we need to be the people You created us to be.

Here I quote from Habakkuk's prayer to You. “LORD, I have heard the news about You; I am amazed at what You have done. LORD, do great things once again in our time; make those things happen again in our own days. Even when You are angry, remember to be kind” (Habakkuk 3:2 New Century Version).

Mm [used to express contentment or pleasure; agreement or approval]. As I sit here with the most pensive and satisfied grin on my face, my heart is shouting out thanks to You!

Your Word is alive and active (Hebrews 4:12). And takes me from Old Testament prophets to New Testament writings and back to God-given wisdom (Proverbs). Thank You Holy Father!

Let me fully embrace and use this portion of Habakkuk's prayer, “Even when you are angry, remember to be kind.” Yes, please!

Using this time of remembering our past many years of parenting, my soul cries out to You. Here I am asking You to imbed Your Truth in me even more deeply.

“My child, don't ignore it when the LORD disciplines you, and don't be discouraged when He corrects you. For the LORD corrects those He loves, just as a father corrects a child in whom He delights” (Proverbs 3:11-12).

The comment at the bottom of the page begins, “When God disciplines us, He is not doing so because He hates us or likes to se us suffer. He is correcting us because He loves us and doesn't want us to go any farther into our sin.”

What a perfect Parent You are. I wanted to be. Tried, in my own power, to be. Thank You Father that You absolutely are!

Let this day unfold exactly as You would have it. Reminding me to be kind, even when I feel angry. I love You Father. Thank You. Amen!

(495 words ~ 8:55 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment