Wednesday, May 25, 2016

in Christ

Wednesday, May 25, 2016 (7:01 a.m.)
Mm, Jesus,

Mm, yes. Mm. It's that kind of morning so far. Sluggish. Later getting started than I had planned. Yet here I sit. Content. Yes, Jesus, teach me this morning of what it is to be content in You.

Thank You that I get to read Your Word.
(8:02 a.m.)
And about Your Word.

Mm. As I seek to learn more this morning I am eager. Excited. Agog! Yes. Thank You for all You have to teach.

Oftentimes I come before You with my own plan. How awesome it is when I just come.

Thank You for filling my soul with calming musical strains as I was awakening this morning. A song from church that I didn't immediately recognize. As I continued waking, the louder and more intense it seemed to become.

Thank You that once I became aware of the song itself, the words were easy to find. You call me out upon the waters The great unknown where feet may fail And I find You in the mystery In oceans deep My faith will stand And I will call upon Your name

Mm, yes. Thank You that I get to call upon Your name. And turn to Your Word. Colossians 2:9 (Contemporary English Version), “God lives fully in Christ.” New International Version for verse 10, “and in Christ you have been brought to fullness. He is the head over every power and authority.”

The Life Recovery Bible comment speaks of us trying to effect change through our own efforts. It's when we realize how powerless we really are that we more fully experience “the truth found in Paul's statement – that everything we need is found not in ourself, or even in other people, but in Jesus Christ.”

Donald S. Whitney wrote in Simplify Your Spiritual Life (2003) Learn to Be Content with Christ. “The essence of contentment is being satisfied with the incomparable and limitless treasures found in Jesus Christ. Contentment is your soul saying, 'I have Jesus, and Jesus is enough.'”

In hearing the strains of Oceans before even being fully awake this morning, my soul was claiming exactly that. Thank You Jesus. Thank You for Your work in making me complete in You.

I love You and I ask You to use me to Your good and Your glory this day. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(398 words ~ 8:50 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment