Tuesday, May 3, 2016

thoughts vs. Truth

Tuesday, May 3, 2016 (5:41 a.m.)
Blessed Holy God,

Thank You. Thank You for Your willingness to teach us. I have so very much to learn. Thank You for your reminder yesterday that I am made in Your image (Genesis 1:27). And when You looked over everything You made; “it was so good, so very good!” (v. 31).

As I practiced taking this Truth to heart, I remembered also that I am fearfully and wonderfully made (Psalm 139:14). Thank You Father. Thank You for retraining my thinking. Thank You for teaching me to counter my thoughts with Your Truth.

Thank You Father for taking my often harsh self-judgments and filtering them through Your Word. Believing Your way to be so much better than mine (Isaiah 55:8-9) I get excited with each affirmation I read.

Your Word, Your Truth, supplies rest for the weary (Matthew 11:28-29). It calls us to “Be still and know” that You are God (Psalm 46:10). Blessed Father, I ask You to keep Your Truth readily available to battling my own negative thoughts.

What a privilege and honor to have Your “mighty weapons, not merely worldly weapons, to knock down the Devil's strongholds” (2 Corinthians 10:4). Father, thank You. I am not alone in my ways of thinking and faith in Your Truth is here to counter every fiery arrow aimed at us by satan (Ephesians 6:16).

Looking to Illustrated Biblical Handbook under Meekness and Gentleness (2 Corinthians 10:1-6) I read of the divine power required “to demolish the inner strongholds and bring hearts and minds into an obedient relationship with the Lord.”

Comments in The Life Recovery Bible for Psalm 46 describe You as “more than able to protect us”. When we try “in our own strength, we have good reason to fear. But if God is with us, we have no reason to be afraid.”

Blessed Father, these are the truths on which I must depend. Continue corralling my thoughts that I will truly stand. Firm. In Your Truth. I love You so very much. Thank You Father. Praise You. Bless You. Use me exactly as You wish. I love You. Amen.
(357 words ~ 7:19 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment