Tuesday, May 10, 2016

fixing my mind

Tuesday, May 10, 2016 (8:32 a.m.)
Blessed Jesus,

Yes, Jesus. I remembered to say Your name a lot yesterday. We had challenges and I wanted to see blessings. So I looked for them. Honestly fixed my mind on You. Your promises. Your Truth.

Awesome God, Blessed Jesus, Holy Spirit, I look to You to fix my mind. On You! Guide me in Your Word. I want to love You with all of my smiling [heart], singing [soul], staying [mind] and stretching [strength] (Mark 12:30).

Oh most dear and holy Three-in-One, thank You for the Truth You lead me to finding. Truly, I seek (Matthew 7:7) and You lead me to finding what You have for me. Praise You.

These are present tense verbs. You remind me to stay present. Keep my mind on You. Fixed.
(10:31 a.m.)
And here I get to return to a favorite verse.

“Have the roots [of your being] firmly and deeply planted [in Him, fixed and founded in Him], being continually built up in Him, becoming increasingly more confirmed and established in the faith, just as you were taught, and abounding and overflowing in it with thanksgiving” (Colossians 2:7 Amplified Bible, Classic Edition).

So many ways of saying the same verse. Each speaking profoundly to my heart and to my soul.

You must depend on Christ only, drawing life and strength from Him. Just as you were taught the Truth, continue to grow stronger in your understanding of it. And never stop giving thanks to God” (Easy-to-Read Version).

Keep your roots deep in Him and have your lives built on Him. Be strong [established] in the faith, just as you were taught, and always be thankful [abounding/overflowing with gratitude] (Expanded Bible).

Sink your roots in Him and build on Him. Be strengthened by the faith that you were taught and overflow with thanksgiving” (GOD'S WORD Translation).

Grow out of Him as a plant grows out of the soil it is planted in, becoming more and more sure of the faith as you were taught it, and your lives will overflow with joy and thankfulness” (J.B. Phillips New Testament).

Let your heart be planted in Him. Grow up in Him. Believe with all your heart what you were taught. And be very thankful to God” (Worldwide English – New Testament).
(1:57 p.m.)
As I come back again, I am excited by Isaiah 26:3.

In this Song of Praise to the LORD I get to consider the blessing of having my mind stayed [fixed] on you. Holy Three-in-One, “You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You” (Modern English Version).

I intentionally practiced smiling, singing, staying and stretching last night every single time I began fearing negative outcomes of circumstances. How I ask You to keep me practicing Your Truth.

It is by being reminded to smile that I begin to sing. Standing up straighter helps me stretch. And then I remember to stay present in the current moment. Not ruminating on the past. Nor anticipating the future. Just taking a deep breath and looking for the closest blessing.

Thank You Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Keep making me aware of the enormous blessings which surround me. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(550 words ~ 2:46 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment