Sunday, May 29, 2016

"Happy Sunday"

Sunday, May 29, 2016 (6:45 a.m.)
Blessed Jesus,

Today is the anniversary of my parents' marriage. And yesterday we celebrated the retirement of a much loved one. You have blessed us. Repeatedly. Profoundly. Often. I know this. Believe it.

Mm. I just heard it said, “Happy Sunday”. And I remembered having said the very same thing almost two months ago.

“Happy Sunday” followed immediately by a news report of heartbreaking destruction of armed forces memorials. Jesus, I turn to You. Trust in You. Depend on You. Asking that Your goodness would be made manifest through such profoundly hate-filled acts.

To have my emotional state go so quickly from joy in the one moment to heartache in the next reminds me that my heart is completely unguarded right now. Rather than redouble any of my own fruitless efforts to deal with thoughts of such vandalism, I look to You.

The apostle Paul wrote to the believers in Philippi encouraging them to “not worry about anything: instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done” (Philippians 4:6). Yes. Yes!

“If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus” (v. 7).

It was the dear husband that reminded me of the need to pray for the vandals. Something I never would have thought to do on my own.

Use this sad occurrence to Your good and to Your glory. Let Your goodness shine through. Bless those who are so hurt that they would go about intentionally hurting others.

Jesus, I love You. I need You. I trust You. And I ask You to truly bless the hurters and the haters. Allow them to experience what it is to know and love You. Make this a “Happy Sunday” like no other.

Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(328 words ~ 7:58 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment