Monday, May 2, 2016

right my thinking

Sunday, May 1, 2016 (6:51 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You. Once again we've been singing, sleeping and singing some more. And this time? With the measure you use, it will be measured to you

I tried looking it up as a song and it came back to me as a Bible verse. Luke 6:38. So here I sit with a question mark over my head. On one hand I'm pretty sure I've always thought of this as speaking of an act of generosity. “Give, and it will be given to you.”

Now I read it as a caution of judging others. Thank You Father. Thank You for always being here to right my thinking. I come before You asking that You would do exactly that. Right my thinking.
(9:12 a.m.)

Philippians 4:8. True. Honorable. Just. Pure. Lovely. Admirable. Excellent. Praiseworthy.

These are the fine, good things on which I am to think. Father, keep me learning. Practicing. Trusting. Depending on You and all You would have me hope, be, think and do. Loving You, others and myself with all my heart, soul, mind and strength (Mark 12:30-31).

Thank You Father for helping me right my thinking. Continue speaking that I can hear. Leading that I will follow. I love You and I long to serve You as You wish to be served. Empower and Embolden me to that end. I love You. Thank You. Amen.
(236 words ~ 9:23 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment