Monday, May 2, 2016

crowned with glory and honor

Monday, May 2, 2016 (6:25 a.m.)
Blessed God,

Thank You. You love me. Exactly as I am? Talk with me about my thinking will you? I am made in Your image (Genesis 1:27). How do I accept this Truth as being enough?

Wow! I ask. You answer. Thank You Father!

So many references to look at. SELF-ESTEEM. See: Self-Perception. Human Nature: Man in the Image of God. Again I ask You Father, right my thinking.

I want to let Your Truth guide me. I desire to have You lead that I would truly follow. Thank You that it is when I come to the end of myself that I find hope in all You have to offer us.

Reading Your Word (Psalm 8) and The Life Recovery Bible comments explaining it help me hope. I'm confessing to You right here, it is far easier for me to dread than it is to be optimistic. Oh, but look right here!

The word dread can also mean “regard with great awe or reverence”. Like we are supposed to be toward You. Father, thank You.

Thank You that I can come before You not knowing. Clearly not understanding. Practically not believing and You fine tune my thoughts. Much like our TV repairmen of decades ago. They took the fuzziness away by simply knowing what they were doing.

You absolutely know what You are doing. Thank You that You are more than able to “grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.”

Praise You Father! Quoting The Life Recovery Bible concerning my 'warped ability to see myself as I truly am in Your eyes' again I look to You. “Understanding how God sees us and the value He has placed on us can help us overcome the negative self-perception that many of us have developed.”

You know me. You created me. In Your image. Teach me the importance of living each moment as though I truly believe “that God has made us to be fantastic beings with great honor and authority.” I am to not sell myself short.

Truly, I ask You to teach me to allow my thoughts of my own self worth be based on what You think of me. Created in Your image (Genesis 1:27). Made a little lower than Yourself, to be crowned with glory and honor (Psalm 8:5).

Illustrated Bible Handbook declares what I already know, “We carry God's likeness imperfectly.” Thank You that it follows immediately with, “But the basic fact is that we human beings have the potential for restoration.”

Regarding Your promise to give Your faithful followers “the crown of life” (Revelation 2:10) The Life Recovery Bible reflects, “As we entrust our life to God and obey Him, He will slowly transform us.” Yes, please.

Although my natural bent seems to be more toward thinking negatively, I depend on You to do for me that which I cannot do for myself. Teach me to truly live as though I honestly believe I am “crowned with glory and honor.”

Wow! What would that be like? Show me please. Father, I love You. I thank You. And I ask You. Please. Thank You. Amen.
(544 words ~ 8:18 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment