Monday, May 23, 2016

singing to the Lord

Monday, May 23, 2016 (7:40 a.m.)
♫Jesus, Jesus, I love Jesus

It appears this is not an existing song. Yet here I am singing it anyway. Thank You for the freedom to just sing out to You. Even with music of our own making.

Thank You for the opportunity of reading in Your Word about others who have sung to You throughout the ages. This morning I am especially focused on 1 Chronicles 16:23 and Isaiah 12:5. I love every time I get excited reading Your Truth.

Thank You Jesus. Thank You that in singing and reading of who You are and all You do I am again reminded of the power offered to us when we call upon Your name.

Thank You for being the One we can turn to when all is not as we would have it. You encourage us to come to You when we are weary and carrying heavy burdens (Matthew 11:28). You promise to teach us. Being yoked with You, our souls will find rest (v. 29).

The Message says it this way, “Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me – watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly.”

Ah, yes! Exactly what I ask of You. Continue reminding me that it is when I get away with You and learn Your “unforced rhythms of grace”, You won't put anything ill-fitting on me and I will “learn to live freely and lightly.”

Who can ask for more than that? Nothing ill-fitting. Living freely and lightly. Thank You for the honor and privilege of making up my own song to sing to You. I love You. I thank You. And I ask You to use me well this day. To Your good and to Your glory.

Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(356 words ~ 9:45 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment