Friday, May 1, 2015

wonderful changes

Friday, May 1, 2015 (5:59 a.m.)
Blessed God,

Thank You! Thank You for the beautiful sky. And the early morning of another brand new month. Thank You for broken sleep. And enough rest. Thank You for a degree of order. And hope for more.

Mm, speak with me this morning about hoping for more.
(6:32 a.m.)
And You did! You are!

Looking for verses describing more hope took me to 2 Corinthians 7:11-13. Thank You Father. Reading these verses led me to read more (6:14-7:16).

In so doing, I came across some of Your Old Testament promises. You being Israel's God, and they Your people (Leviticus 26:12; Ezekiel 37:27) and the Davidic Covenant (2 Samuel 7:11b-16).

The more I was hoping for above had to do with short term progress around our home. The more You gave me goes much deeper.

The Life Recovery Bible comment for 2 Corinthians 7:11-13 states, “When we admit our sins to God and others and do what we can to follow God's will, wonderful changes take place in our life.” I noted a wonderful change in attitudes yesterday. I immediately attributed it to You working in our lives.

The comment continues telling of fruit that is produced by repentance on three fronts, “(1) it purifies and revitalizes our life and emotions in a remarkable way; (2) it renews our relationship with God; and (3) it has an amazing effect for good on our relationships with other people, both those we have wronged and onlookers who are encouraged by the refreshing changes that have taken place.”

Most Holy Father, I ask for more hope and You offer wonderful, refreshing changes by following Your Truth. Yes please!

Based on the apostle Paul's “own commitment to righteousness and from the Scripture” (Illustrated Bible Handbook) include me in his “exhort[ing] the Corinthians to seek holiness.” I long to honor You by living the words of The Message.

“With promises like this to pull us on, dear friends, let's make a clean break with everything that defiles or distracts us, both within and without. Let's make our entire lives fit and holy temples for the worship of God” (2 Corinthians 7:1).

Yes, Father. Do all that I can't do on my own to bring about Your wonderful changes in our lives. I love You Dad. Thank You so very much. Amen.

(393 words ~ 7:42 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment