Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Growth will come!

Monday, May 11, 2015 (7:37 a.m.)
Blessed Father,

You've given me a brand new day. With new opportunities. I was planning on saying struggles, but we'll see where opportunity takes us instead.

Right straight to Your Word. Your Truth. Your goodness. Your grace. “Whenever we have the opportunity, we should do good to everyone, especially to our Christian brothers and sisters” (Galatians 6:10).

Hmm, would You just go figure? Thank You Father. My delicate, sensitive, baby-like feelings got hurt again yesterday. By a three year old's opinion of me. “Mean”. Mean? Yeah. “But sometime's good”. Really?

Okay. Okay. Get me out of Your way again. Work me through this one as well. The phrase, “firm but fair” comes to mind. As does the stomp of my foot and the “but I don't want to be the mean one” whine.

Thank You that I get to come pour my heart out to You, all the while attempting to be playful with the pain.
(12:13 p.m.)

And here I have another opportunity to breathe deeply, sit serenely and practice gratitude. Hm... thank You Father. Thank You for the opportunity to swim. And share. To stretch. And smile.

Thank You for providing me the opportunity to turn further into Your Word. Galatians 6:9-10 and Colossians 4:5-6 primarily.

“Man's inner transformation is never accomplished suddenly. It involves growth [and there IS growth in the struggle!]. Thus the encouragement to not become 'weary in well doing' is important. A full experience of the blessings of life in Christ will come 'at the proper time.' Our task is to 'do good to all people, especially those who belong to the family of believers,' and realize that growth will come” Illustrated Bible Handbook, Dealing with Growth; [Galatians] 6:9,10.

Growth will come! How grateful I am to truly believe that yes, indeed, growth will come! Thank You Father.

Yes. I may very well be liked by a three-year-old “because sometimes she is mean and sometimes she is good.” But because of Your Son's great sacrifice on my behalf I am ALWAYS loved ~ by You!

Thank You too for Paul's encouragement to the believers at Colosse. He wrote “to show us that Christ is the only real source of power in our life” (The Life Recovery Bible THE BOTTOM LINE PURPOSE).

In so doing I have the reminder to “Act wisely toward outsiders, making the most of the opportunity. Your speech should always be gracious and sprinkled with insight so that you may know how to respond to every person” (Colossians 4:5-6 Common English Bible).

Yes Lord! Grow me as You know is best. Use me as only You are able. I love You. Thank You. Amen.
(12:40 p.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment