Saturday, May 23, 2015

use me

Wednesday, May 20, 2015 (6:47 a.m.)
Holy God,

How I love You! Gratefully. Thankfully. Reservedly. Selfishly. So many different ways. And how am I called to love You? 'With all of my heart, soul, mind and strength' (Mark 12:30).

I confess to You. I don't! Some of them? Yes. Absolutely. All? Uh-uh. No. Not ever. Thank You that even in reviewing what Jesus referred to as “the most important commandment” (v. 29) I get to tell You how messed up my thinking is.

Following the footnotes for this section of Scripture back to Deuteronomy 6:4-5, I read about the charge of the Israelites to teach their children (v. 7). Blessed Father, I come before You having missed the lessons growing up.

Illustrated Bible Handbook ends its THEOLOGY IN BRIEF Education, OT with this Truth. “Living within a community of adults who love God, who live His Word, and who take time to share that Word with children, each new generation would come to know the Lord in a personal way.”

Because that is not descriptive of my experience, I honestly feel as though I have been attempting to make up my walk with You as I go along. The words flawed, imperfective, skewed keep coming to mind. How incredibly grateful I am to You for the ANTONYMS supplied for each. Flawless. Complete. Sound.

Those are words describing You. Thank You that regardless of all our mistakes, You remain perfect. Because of Your infinite love for each of us, we get to continuously come before You (John 6:37). Exactly as we are.

Teach me. Train me. Guide me. Lead me. Use me as only You can. I love You. And I thank You. Amen.
(284 words ~ 8:01 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment