Wednesday, May 13, 2015

All the time, God is good

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 (6:26 a.m.)
Blessed Father,

There was much excitement in my thinking just earlier. Awakened several times by varying thoughts. Thank You Father that You were there guiding them.

I know I was excited. Agog actually. And now I confess, I no longer remember the thread of thinking I had going before me.

Father, thank You that nothing is lost to You. Thank You that I once again experienced the eager excitement of spending time alone with You. Father, You are good. All the time, You are good! Thank You for that.

Thank You that we get to come before You. “Sometimes mean”. Sometimes lost. Scared. Alone. It doesn't matter how we are. What matters most is all You are! Father, thank You.

Use me this day to remember and to remind others that all the time, You are good. You are good, all the time!

I am experiencing huge emotions this morning. One moment, fine. The next, tears. Thank You that with You there is “no variation” (James 1:17c – American Standard Version). “No variableness” (King James Version). “In whose character there is no change at all” (Common English Bible).

Thank You that I get to look to You knowing, trusting, believing that You are “always the same and never makes dark shadows by changing” (Contemporary English Version). “No change, nor shadow of alteration” (Douay-Rhelms 1899 American Edition).

The Easy-to-Read Version tells us “Everything good comes from God. Every perfect gift is from Him. These good gifts come down from the Father who made all the lights in the sky. But God never changes like the shadows from these lights. He is always the same.”

Always the same. Good... all the time! Father, empower and enable me in Your goodness. Make me into the woman You would have me be. Strong enough to overcome a reality check made by those who know me best.

I love You Father. And I truly long to serve You well. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(337 words ~ 8:04 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment