Saturday, May 23, 2015

re-

Saturday, May 23, 2015 (8:04 a.m.)
Blessed, Holy, Father God,

Thank You! Thank You for rest. And time. And ease. Thank You for opportunity to pause. Reflect. Renew. Replenish. Restore.

Hmm... re- “once more; afresh; anew”. Mm, Father. Thank You! There is a peace about me. A deeply rooted sense of calm that comes only from experience with You.
(10:49 a.m.)

How I thank You for 'Your peace which truly passes all understanding and guards our hearts and thoughts through Christ Jesus' (Philippians 4:7). Thank You for the privilege of breathing deeply and wholly in Your presence.

As I examine the many translations of Your Word for Romans 12:2, I find the King James Version to be the one with which I am most familiar. “And be not conformed to this world; but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.”

It is, however, the J.B. Phillips New Testament that speaks loudest to me right now. I confess to not regularly living as a sacrifice as pleaded by Paul in verse one. There are the rare occasions. But it's when Your peacefulness settles around me as it has this morning that my desire to serve You more obediently grows.

We have seen God's mercy and wisdom: how shall we respond? 12 1-2 With eyes wide open to the mercies of God, I beg you, my brothers, as an act of intelligent worship, to give Him your bodies, as a living sacrifice, consecrated to Him and acceptable by Him. Don't let the world around you squeeze you into its own mould, but let God re-mould your minds within, so that you may prove in practice that the plan for you is good, meets all his demands and moves towards the goal of true maturity.”

Oh Dearest Dad, from Paul's pen to Your eyes on my behalf! Intelligent worship. Living sacrifice. Consecrated. Acceptable. Re-moulded mind. True maturity.

I've said it before, Blessed Father, “Sign me up!” You, Your Son and His Holy Spirit are able to do with me all that I cannot.

Just look at how The Message transcribes Paul's words to the people of Ephesus. “God can do anything, you know – far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, His Spirit deeply and gently within us” (Ephesians 3:20).

Work away, I pray. Work away! Thank You in advance for all You are continuing to do on behalf of making me into the woman of Yours that You would have me be. I love You so incredibly much. And I am truly, joyfully, peacefully grateful. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(466 words ~ 11:19 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment