Tuesday, May 26, 2015

an overwhelming sense of calm

Tuesday, May 26, 2015 (7:13 a.m.)
Holy, Blessed Father God,

You are working mightily behind our scenes. Tasks are being accomplished. Attitudes are good. It's all You at work. And I am grateful! Guide me in our time together this morning. Where in Your Word would You have me learn this morning?

I got stung by a bee yesterday. It all seemed rather ordinary. Without glasses on I mistook it for a pebble and placed my hand right on it. My very calm first thought was about how much sharper the stone was than I had expected. The I felt more pain. Saw the stinger. Watched my finger swell and turn red.

Through it all was that overwhelming sense of calm. Following first aid training, I flicked the stinger off with a piece of hard plastic. Applied a cold compress using several pieces of ice. All was well and good for several hours.

And then? Return of the swelling. Pain. Stiffness. Discoloration. And now? A white dot. Signifying infection? A piece of the stinger still inside? And all of this with the overwhelming sense of calm.

Yep. That's You. At work. In us. Providing an overwhelming sense of calm right in the middle of things not going as expected. A very prominent reminder that things are going to BEE exactly what they are supposed to BEE.

You are in charge. One Bible verse that refers to this truth is found in the book of Joshua. A book written “to reveal the importance of trusting and obeying God in the difficulty process of achieving both physical and spiritual goals” (The Life Recovery Bible THE BOTTOM LINE PURPOSE:).

Taking a very playful liberty here, I smile as I quote Your words to Joshua (1:9), “I command you – BEE strong and courageous! Do not BEE afraid or discouraged. For the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.”

Blessed Father God, how I thank You for Your presence. Your comfort. Your guidance. BEE with us this day as we go out to do Your will. In YOUR way! I love You and thank You. Amen.
(354 words ~ 8:27 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment