Friday, May 8, 2015

living in the Spirit

Thursday, May 7, 2015 (8:00 a.m.)
Most Dear and Blessed Holy God,

Thank You! I recognized something last evening. Right in the middle of getting upset, I saw that I was NOT being controlled by the Holy Spirit (Galatians 5:22, TLB).

I saw it. Felt it. Realized it. And was grateful. So incredibly grateful.

Blessed Father God, continue doing Your work in me. Keep fining and refining me as only You can. I can't make the changes necessary to be the woman You would have me be. Only You can do that. In, through, by, for and with me.

As much as I thank You for everything You have already done on my behalf, I also thank You in advance for all You have left to do. I want to take a much easier, gentler approach to allowing You to work as only You are able. Get my will out of Your way. Align it to Yours.

Thank You for enabling me to hear Your Word replayed in my mind yesterday when I truly wanted to explode instead. Just the beginning of a paraphrase I couldn't quite remember, “But when the Holy Spirit controls our lives...”

No comments:

Post a Comment