Saturday, May 23, 2015

lost for words

Thursday, May 21, 2015 (6:41 a.m.)
Blessed, Holy God,

Thank You. Thank You for sparks of excitement. I've been aware of them for several days. Words like: awestruck, eager, agog have once again filled my vocabulary. This time however it has been celebrity oriented. With my own thoughts of You at the base.

Crowds of people. Standing. Staring. Following. Asking. Watching. Waiting. Taking liberties. All for chance sightings of big named superstars. Thank You that in the midst of it all, even as I stood tippy-toed to watch as well, none of it excited me as much as seeing our son.

It all happened so fast. One moment he was nowhere to be found. The next? Back row, center stage. And then, just as quick, gone from view. All the days of practice and preparation, completed in just over one minute. Thank You for the recording we have that allows me to follow his every on screen movement.

It's moments like these that I liken to the multitudes who crowded around Your Son. Desperate to hear His teachings. To follow His lead. Be healed by His touch. How I thank You that what is to come [His return] is so much more important than the filming of a popular morning TV show.

Just thinking of the event continues to bring tears to my eyes. How I thank You for showing me the difference between having been star-struck, which I was not, and being awestruck, which I clearly was. I stood open-mouthed. Amazed. Lost for words. And grateful. To You. Always to You Dearest Dad.

I get as caught up in the excitement of celebrating the anniversary of an iconic amusement park as the next person. But there again, at the very base of it, is always the wonder of what it will truly be like when we're all clambering to see Jesus.

That's the line I want to wait in! “When the crowd saw Jesus, they were overwhelmed with awe, and they ran to greet Him” (Mark 9:15 New Living Translation).

There are events in this life that leave me lost for words. It's YOU that I truly want to be excited, agog, awestruck about.

Work in me Father. I love You. Thank You. Amen.
(375 words ~ 7:42 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment