Friday, May 15, 2015

stability

Friday, May 15, 2015 (7:39 a.m.)
Holy Father,

It's beautiful outside. Varying shades and shapes of cloudiness. Mountaintops sticking through here and there. Truly beautiful.

Thank You Father. Thank You for the fluctuation we have in the weather. And the stability we experience in You.
(8:42 a.m.)

Mm. Thank You for the faint smile of contentment I have as I consider the stability we have in You. Reading Your Word, depending on Your promises. Thank You for the privilege of trusting and resting in the Truth of Your love for each of us.

Jeremiah 33:6 (The Voice) speaks of You lavishing the people of Judah with an “abundance of peace and stability.” Other versions use the words, “truth, security, reliability, faithfulness, safety”. Mm, thank You for the feelings of calm and hope that overtake me as I rest in You.

The Life Recovery Bible comment for the whole of this chapter [33:1-26 Promises of Peace and Prosperity] says, “When life seems like an unstable disaster, there is one thing we can count on: God is committed to us and to our recovery. He has promised to never abandon us. No matter how gray our life may be, no matter how dark the future seems, our loving and faithful God can heal us, restore our hope, and lead us toward recovery. As we trust Him with our disappointments, failures, sins, and confusions, we will find Him faithful to comfort, forgive, and guide us.”

That is my reality with You. Stretching here just a bit, I praise You and give You all the glory for the successful completion of another level of piano practice. After nearly four months of struggling, the very same day I brought it before You with requests to others for prayer on my behalf as well, the performance was completed in less than an hour.

While being keenly aware of the pounding and racing of my heart, You brought me success. Standing firmly on James' words (4:2c) to Your believers, I trusted that I had not because I asked not.

I confess to finding it all somewhat self-serving. So this I also give to You. Sift the wheat of my thinking from the chaff (Jeremiah 23:28). Keep only what is Truth. Grow me in Your goodness and Your grace. I love You. And I long to represent You well. Do all You must. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(401 words ~ 10:21 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment