Saturday, May 23, 2015

loving God

Friday, May 22, 2015 (7:14 a.m.)
Awesome, Holy God,

I love You. It's easy to say. But what does it mean? Hmm... I'm going to be completely honest here and tell You, I don't really know.

Thank You that I get to be that honest with You. Thank You that we don't have to hedge ourselves when coming before You.

Thank You that because You are all we are not, we are able to put our focus on You and wonder. That is exactly what I am prepared to do right now. Wonder what it is to truly love You.

Be with me in this quest. Guide my seeking and my finding (Matthew 7:7). Even as I look up the meanings of various words, I see You at the base of them. Wonder. Marvel. Be amazed. Be astonished. Stand in awe. Be dumbfounded. Gape. Goggle.

Really? Goggle? Yep! “Look with wide open eyes, typically in amazement or wonder”. And I do. When I consider what all You have done for us. How You have taken us so far from the people we used to be, to who we are becoming. What's not to love?

And that's what I keep coming back to. Wanting to love You more. Better. Freely. Obediently. First. Most. Hungrily. Insatiably. Yes Father. As easy as it is to say I love You, what does it really mean to put those words into action?

Show me this day. Teach me what loving You is really all about. Put my actions where my words are. I love You. Make it visible. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(269 words ~ 7:59 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment