Friday, May 8, 2015

Sweet, Sweet Spirit

Friday, May 8, 2015 (7:23 a.m.)
♫Sweet Holy Spirit, Sweet heavenly Dove,
        Stay right here with us, Filling us with Your love

For three days I've been considering what it would truly be like to have You control my life (Galatians 5:22 TLB). Too often my will gets in Your way. Many times I don't use resources and energies wisely.

While considering Your fruit yesterday, I came across a section in The Voice that continues speaking to me. “Paul has been preaching about the call of God to freedom, and so he now spells it out: we are done with the demands of the law; now we are free to live in the Spirit and to be truly right with God.”

Mm! What a thought that is! “Free to live in the Spirit and to be truly right with God.” I like the Truth of that.

The fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23) is a subject I've long been drawn to. But always before it has been with me consciously wanting to be loving enough to make it happen.

The other evening it was just there! The simple Truth that You were not controlling my life. I was being fueled by frustration. Disappointment. Irritation. And it was coming across as anger.

Thank You Blessed Spirit for intervening on my behalf! You spoke loudly enough for me to hear and stop the direction I was headed. I was able to be immediately reeled back in and find solace in Your Word. Thank You.

Thank You that this morning I get to sing of the sweet, sweet Spirit in this place What pure joy it is to know that it's the Spirit of the Lord!

And with this Truth I get to ask You to Stay right here with us, filling us with Your love Yes, please! Fill us with that unconditional love that enables us to be controlled by You. Mm. What will it be like to live in Your Spirit? I am excited to find out!

Thank You. Bless You. Praise You. Use me well this day I pray. Thank You. Amen.
(347 words ~ 9:35 a.m.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment