Saturday, May 23, 2015

the power of powerlessness

Monday, May 18, 2015 (7:21 a.m.)
Blessed Father,

At this very moment my thoughts keep turning to growls and self-reproaches. I made a mistake the other night. Didn't correctly save a prayer I had written out to You. That, of course, doesn't mean that You don't still know what all my heart was saying.

Mm, it just speaks to how often and easily I find things to be upset about. Father, I want to live joyously. Lovingly. Kindly. Optimistically. It takes a lot of work. Work I'm still not prepared to do wholeheartedly.

Thank You that You are available to show and teach and love and forgive. Thank You that every single time I remember to turn to You, confessing my powerlessness, I find hope. Power. Strength. Sometimes it's just a drop. And others? A flood.

Thank You Father. You know our every need. You are fully aware of our flaws and imperfections. I don't have to be ashamed or embarrassed by them. I get to confess them all to You.

2 Corinthians 4:7-9 (Common English Bible).

No comments:

Post a Comment