Tuesday, May 12, 2015

God's awesomeness

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 (6:48 a.m.)
Awesome God,

Thank You. I get to explore Your awesomeness. And in so doing, I join in the song of victorious deliverance that Moses and the people of Israel sang to You after their escape through the Red Sea. The escape that “took a mighty miracle” from You “and an act of faithfulness” by them (The Life Recovery Bible comment for Exodus 15:1-21).

Blessed Father, how I thank You for never wavering. Always staying steady and true to all You are. Thank You that because of the Truth of Your Word, I get to continually be amazed by Your sheer awesomeness.

Mm, Father, You give us reminders. Opportunities. Moments. And so many translations! Father, thank You for the men and women who have come through the ages transcribing Your Word for the masses. Thank You for their faithful service to You in keeping It holy and True.

This morning it's the New International Version of Exodus 15:11 that speaks most clearly to me. You worked a miracle on behalf of the Israelites and they remembered to thank You in song and rejoicing.

“Who among the gods is like You, LORD? Who is like You – majestic in holiness, awesome in glory, working wonders?”

The answer is unequivocal. None! Not one is like You. No one as majestic. Holy. Awesome. Glorious. Wonder-working.

Praise You Father. Thank You. For Who You are and all You do. You alone are worthy of all our praises. Use me in that vein this day. Praising. Thanking. Loving as You alone would have me love.

I DO love You. Make it obvious in my heart, soul, mind and strength (Mark 12:30). Empower and enable me to share You freely and well. Thank You for Your awesomeness. An image in which we were each made (Genesis 1:26). Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(314 words ~ 7:47 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment