Tuesday, May 5, 2015

absolute security

Tuesday, May 5, 2015 (5:58 a.m.)
Blessed God,

Talk with me this morning about security, will You?
(7:50 a.m.)

May I just please say, “Thank You!”? Blessed Father, thank You for extra time to rest. Repose. Restore. And ruminate.

Mm, Holiest God. You know my heart. My needs. You are able to meet them all. Thank You. Thank You for leading me quite circuitously to Hebrews 6:19 and the solace You had for me to find there.

So many translations offering me much needed words of hope. Confidence. Security. Thank You Father. Praise You.

Going just a little bit aside to the meaning of a name, I truly feel as though I have been safely lifted high above my own set of circumstances. Thank You Father.

Safe. Out of danger. Sure. Confident in an idea. Stable. Secure. Trustworthy. Reliable. Self-assured. Confident. Without doubt. For sure. Surely.

These are the attributes I have in You. Thank You. Thank You that I get to: ask and You will provide, seek and then find, knock and have the door opened (Matthew 7:7).

Thank You that You love us so incredibly much. Hebrews 6, verses 18-20 presented with various word pictures of anchors and hope in Your promise and oath truly provide us “absolute security in the resurrected Christ, who is our High Priest and who connects us with the living God” (comment, The Life Recovery Bible).

Thank You Father that because You can't lie, “Our hope is certain. It is something for the soul to hold on to. It is strong and secure. It goes all the way into the Most Holy Room behind the curtain” (Hebrews 6:19, New International Reader's Version).

The Message calls it “an unbreakable spiritual lifeline”. The Voice, “an anchor to steady our restless souls, a hope that leads us back behind the curtain to where God is).

Mm, absolute security at Your best! Thank You Father. Help me use it well this day. I love You. Thank You. Amen.
(331 words ~ 8:25 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment