Wednesday, June 10, 2015

PRAISE THE LORD! ~ 5/27/15

Wednesday, May 27, 2015 (6:54 p.m.)
June Lake Loop, CA
So. Here I am. In tears.

You got us here safely. Pleasantly. Enjoyably. And in relatively good time. So where's my gratitude? Packed in my other suitcase.

You know? The one in the bottom of all the other things sardinely packed in our vehicle. The one that has all my books. Long sleeved, warmer clothes. Oh yeah. And socks!

In the grand scheme of catastrophic events, this absolutely doesn't even make the list. It's just a straw. Another dried stalk of grain to add to the other irritants that are adding up and weighing heavy.

The cough continues. My spirits sag as the hacking mounts to levels of sleeplessness. Not just for me, but for loved ones as well.

Like I said. Nothing catastrophic. Just annoying.

So what do we do when annoyed? Praise. Yes! You. From whom all blessings flow. You. All creatures here below. Praise Him above Ye heavenly Host. Praise Father, Son and Holy Ghost

I just so happen to have a Bible right here that specializes in praise! The first three words on the very first page of Psalty's Kids Bible? PRAISE THE LORD! The last three words on this same page? “Praise the Lord!”

You have my attention Blessed Father. I'm asking (Matthew 7:7) for a refresher course on praise.

Yes! Thank You! PSALTY SAYS “Be Happy!”

An article about praise in the Psalty Bible tells us, “God wants us to be happy. He wants us to be full of joy and praise. In fact, He tells us in the big book, the Bible, 'Do not grieve, for the joy of the LORD is your strength.' If we want to be children of God and be strong Christians, we need God's joy in our hearts and on our lips. And joy comes by praising the Lord. Praise the Lord!”

Praise You, Lord indeed!

Father, it is truly You that I praise. You that I want to worship and adore. Thank You for changing my attitude. Thank You that You are so much bigger than my grumbling, grousing and griping. Thank You that Your joy is absolutely my strength.

I had a crummy attitude about a relatively minor circumstance and You changed me right here where I am. You took my growlings and turned them back around to glimpses of gratitude. Thank You Father.

I love You. Use me well. As only You know is best. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(416 words ~ 8:24 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment