Saturday, June 29, 2013

surely / Shirley


Saturday, April 27, 2013 (7:53 a.m.)
Father,
I'm sitting and waiting, on You. Psalm 23
Saturday, June 29, 2013 (6:24 a.m.)
I don't think my smile could possibly be any bigger. I came to talk with You about the word 'surely'. This previously dated document was on the desktop so I thought I'd use it as a master. I didn't know I'd finally finish it up.
Psalm 23:6, “Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever.” Surely. Certainly. I am sure. Only. Doubtless. Yes. I know. For sure. All these ways of saying the same thing. Thank You Father.
There are even more in the thesaurus: Without question. Definitely. Without fail. Indubitably. Unquestionably. Firmly. Steadily. With assurance. Confidently. There are so many more descriptive words. Thank You for showing me. Thank You that this is truly a word I want to embrace and use well.
Father, I'm asking You to provide the opportunity to truly bring it more readily into my vocabulary. It's an adverb “used to emphasize the speaker's firm belief that what they are saying is true and often their surprise that there is any doubt of this”.
When the spelling is changed and it is used as a woman's name, the spiritual connotation is listed in The Name Book as Happiness of Heart. The Scripture verse is 1 John 4:12. “No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God lives in us, and His love is perfected in us.” To this I wholeheartedly agree. Surely! Make it so.
Father, thank You for loving us with a love so pure and good. Enable me to use it readily and often. I do love You Father. Amen.
(298 words ~ 7:47 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment