Monday, June 17, 2013

perfect love casts out fear


Monday, June 17, 2013 (6:22 a.m.)
Most Amazing and Wonderful Father God,
Thank You for loving us. Flawed, mistake making people that we are. You love us perfectly. Talk to me this morning about Your perfect love. That love which casts out all fear.
1John 4:18. A variety of translations using different words to say the same thing. Your perfect love casts out fear. We get to not be afraid of tormenting punishment because of Your perfect love.
Thank You Father. Thank You for the coffee stains on my Bible pages from so many years ago. Reminders of a spill that occurred on a morning when I was studying this very section. A section that tells us clearly: Love Comes from God and Love Is Proven by Action.
The Illustrated Bible Handbook breaks it up this way: Chapter 4:7-21. God's Love: Source and Example. Love Defined; 4:7-12, Love Essential; 4:13-15, God Is Love; 4:16-18, God Loved First; 4:19-21.
There is much to learn here Father. Far more than this little time we have together right now allows. That is exactly why I am asking You into this day. Come in and have Your way with all of my heart and soul and mind and strength (Mark 12:30). Take complete control of the decisions I make, the way I handle myself, the thoughts I think and the things I do.
I want to glorify and enjoy You this day. Make it so. I love You Father and I want Your perfect love which casts out all fear to be evident to those with whom I interact. I love You Father. Thank You for loving me perfectly. Live in and through me this day I pray. Thank You. Amen.
(287 words ~ 7:11 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment