Thursday, June 27, 2013

this morning


Thursday, June 27, 2013 (6:16 a.m.)
Most Holy God,
This morning I am here asking You to guide and direct me. It's scheduled to be a very busy day. And I'm the one who did the scheduling! The weather forecast is that of great heat and our big umbrella isn't working properly. “Wah, wah, wah”. I don't want to face this day and all its prospects with the negativity I am currently encountering.
Let me shift the focus over to You and the love You have for each of us. Far too often I give in to thinking on the gloomier things. Thank You for reminding me to think instead on the things that are lovely and good (Philippians 4:8). Thank You that I get to turn to Your Word and again be reminded of Your great love for Your people.
This morning I am looking to You. Thinking on You and the potential for greatness You provide. It's not greatness I am seeking, but You. And look, here I find the verse I was thinking about the other day. The one about having a tiny mustard seed of faith (Luke 17:6).
Dearest Father, how I thank You for changing my focus. Thank You for reminding me that it only takes a little bit of faith for great things to happen. And with that said, I find that I am asking You for great things to happen this morning Dearest God.
Great things like having the fruit of Your Spirit present here in this over scheduled, very busy, hot day. With my tiny mustard seed of faith I am asking You to produce love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control (Galatians 5:22-23a).
And with that, I am also asking for the blessing of Psalm 104:34. "I hope my thoughts will please You, because You are the One who makes me glad."
Thank You for loving us, Father. Guide us. Direct us. Bless us and keep us I pray. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(304 words ~ 7:37 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment