Thursday, June 6, 2013

slow to get started


Thursday, June 6, 2013 (8:16 a.m.)
Tahoe Vista, CA
Blessed Father God,
Good morning. The immediate praise and thanksgiving aren't here. Yes of course I am grateful. Indeed I DO thank and praise You. I'm just slow to get started this morning. I'm excited to begin. Yet reluctant to get going.
Father, rather than toss this all around in my head I bring every aspect of me to You. Thank You Dad that I get to do this. My head and heart can be a jumble of thoughts, hopes, desires, concerns and I get to come right into Your presence just as I am.
And here again, the song with which I awoke. I will enter His gates with thanksgiving in my heart. I will enter His courts with praise. I will say, “This is the day that the Lord hath made. I will rejoice for He hath made me glad.”
Yes Father. A praise song taken from the Truth of Your Word (Psalm 100:4) with commentary to boot (Life Recovery Bible). Here we are told, “We always have reasons to rejoice: we live in God's presence, under His continual care, and we experience His love each day. Such a realization should fill us with gratitude and praise each time we come before Him in prayer.”
And it does! Father, You supplied me with such joy and entertainment yesterday. A house being demolished right next to us. The grin on my face matched that of my soul with every smash of the bull dozer bucket.
Three hours of time spent in the water. Walking. Working. Swimming. Playing. Yes, Father. While I may have been slow to get started, I acknowledge that I have SO many reasons to rejoice! Thank You Father. Praise You.
We are leaving for a three person hike. How I ask You to bless and keep us. Make Your face shine upon us and be gracious to us. Lift Your face upon us and give us peace (Numbers 6:24-26). This I ask not only for our little threesome, but for those family members and friends who are struggling with change and circumstances beyond their control.
You are such a good and loving Father. Help us fully trust and lean into You for our every need. I love You Dad. Thanks for loving us more! Help me glorify and enjoy You this day. Thank You. Amen.
(402 words ~ 9:16 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment