Friday, June 28, 2013

embrace wisdom


Friday, June 28, 2013 (6:36 a.m.)
Awesome God,
What can we do with the word embrace? Choose wisely! There are so very many verses containing this word. Proverbs 3:18 says, “Wisdom is a tree of life to those who embrace her; happy are those who hold her tightly.” Guide and direct my understanding here this morning.
The Illustrated Bible Handbook describes wisdom in Old Testament times as “neither knowledge nor skill, but holiness”. A person making morally correct choices was one considered to be wise. Blessed Father as I seek to embrace wisdom, I ask You to teach me how.
You have been working diligently in us around here. Changing our attitudes and dispositions. As much as I thank You for all You have done so far, still I ask You to continue Your renewing of us. Only You can clothe us with the new nature of which Ephesians 4:23-24 speaks, with attitudes and thoughts constantly changing for the better. It is only in You that we can be new and different, holy and good.
Yes Dearest Father keep calling us to embrace wisdom. Your wisdom. Truth. Love. Forgiveness. Hmm, yes. Embrace wisdom. Thank You Father. I love You. Amen.
(201 words ~ 8:30 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment