Tuesday, June 4, 2013

mystified


Tuesday, June 4, 2013 (7:25 a.m.)
Tahoe Vista, CA
♫Beautiful One,
♫I love ~ Beautiful One, I adore ~ Beautiful One, my soul must sing And sing it has ever since awakening. Father, thank You. Thank You that my very first thoughts this morning were the words of this chorus.
How very blessed I am to be able to take it one step further, singing wholeheartedly And You opened my eyes to Your wonders anew You captured my heart with this love Because nothing on earth is as beautiful as You, Jesus
As I sit here watching Canadian geese fly overhead to this glass-like lake, I am mystified. Such calm beauty.
I am encouraged to read an antonym for mystify is enlighten. Sitting here gazing out, my thoughts all seem to jumble together in glory and praise to You. There's delight and worship and praising. And few words.
Thank You Jesus for Your sacrifice which allows us such freedom in our approach to the Creator of the universe. Thank You for the opportunity to read the words Paul wrote to the people of Corinth encouraging them “to resolve their problems and honor God” (The Life Recovery Bible).
In 1Corinthians 14 Paul continued the teaching of spiritual gifts he started in chapter 12. In regards to the gifts of prophesying and speaking in tongues, he begins “Let love be your greatest aim...” (1Corinthians 14:1a). The chapter ends (vs. 23-25) with him explaining an unbeliever's experience while attending a meeting where Your Word is delivered in plain speech. “The very secrets of his heart would be revealed, and right there – mystified – he would fall on his face in worship to God, proclaiming all the while that God most certainly dwells among you.”
Bizarre as it seems, that is what I encounter while surrounded by this intense beauty. Powerful, so powerful, Your glory fills the skies Your mighty works displayed for all to see, beautiful The beauty of Your majesty awakes my heart to see How marvelous, how wonderful You are
Father, thank You. Jesus, thank You. Holy Spirit, thank You. Work in and through me to share this current opportunity of Your love and majesty well. I love You. I thank You. Amen.
(380 words ~ 8:47 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment