Wednesday, June 26, 2013

ways -> waywardness


Wednesday, June 26, 2013 (6:25 a.m.)
Gloriously Good God and Father,
Good morning. In thinking of coming here late last evening after returning home from a lovely day spent miles away, all I could think to say was, “Thank You. Thank You. Thank You.” Seems appropriate to start that way now.
You bless us Father. In big ways, little ones, and many of which we remain unaware. Thank You for loving us at all times. I began searching the word 'ways' which led to 'waywardness' and then to the book of Hosea.
At this very moment (reading chapter 14, verse 4 in various translations) my emotions catch in my throat. Father, Your love for Your wayward people amazes me. Unparalleled kindness. Mercy. Grace. Forgiveness. You offer us unending love and restoration. We far too often offer You apathy, willful disobedience and all out unfaithfulness. Thank You for loving us far more than our behaviors and choices warrant.
The Message begins, “I will heal their waywardness. I will love them lavishly. My anger is played out.” King James says, “I will heal their backsliding, I will love them freely: for Mine anger is turned away from him.”
There are so many different ways to say the same thing. Unfaithfulness. Apostasy. Wander away. Disloyalty. Rejected. Yet all I can think to say to You for Your faithful, unending love is “Thank You.” Thank You for 'making whole our sorrows' (Wycliffe Bible). Thank You for healing us and turning Your anger away from us for no other reason than Your decision to love us without limit.
You are the Perfect Example of what a Loving Parent is. How I ask that You will continue Your work in each and every one of us, bringing us more and more into Your likeness. Thank You for loving us. Healing us. Working in and through each of us. Make us whole Dearest Father.
It is in Your blessed goodness and grace I pray, asking to love and revere You as I ought. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(340 words ~ 7:49 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment