Thursday, June 13, 2013

not wonky


Thursday, June 13, 2013 (7:25 a.m.)
Holy God!
So here's an odd word. Not one I'm real familiar with. One that I don't want to be, yet makes me smile just using it. “Wonky: crooked, off-center, askew, awry; unsteady, shaky; not functioning correctly, faulty” These are all things I am NOT, in You! And I am grateful in not only knowing that but in believing it as well.
Yes Father. Here I am thanking You. It is only because of You that I can ever see myself in a different light than that in which I developed. It's been a long haul in coming around to knowing the power words have over us. Our minds are a fertile ground and we have to be so very protective of all we allow into them. Your Word (Proverbs 4:23) tells us, “Be careful what you think, because your thoughts run your life.”
Father, every single day I am learning this to be true. Thank You for being such a good and patient Teacher with those of us who are so slow to learn!
Thank You too for the Truth of Your Word I found many years ago when my mom was discouraged because of a leg injury. Hebrews 12 tells of Your love for us, how Your discipline proves Your love and calls us to listen to You. Thank You Father that there truly are times I heed Your call.
“Our earthly fathers trained us for a few brief years, doing the best for us that they knew how, but God's correction is always right and for our best good, that we may share his holiness. Being punished isn't enjoyable while it is happening – it hurts! But afterwards we can see the result, a quiet growth in grace and character” (Hebrews 12:10-11). Blessed Father, I see this happening around here.
Truly, You are the God who makes us whole! “So take a new grip with your tired hands, stand firm on your shaky legs, and mark out a straight, smooth path for your feet so that those who follow you, though weak and lame, will not fall and hurt themselves but become strong” (vs. 12-13).
Thank You for growing us Father. Thank You for the nurturing You put into loving each and every single one of us. How I ask You for the strength to stand firm, not wonky, this day. You are good. You are kind. And I am absolutely grateful.
Thank You for Your love. Empower me to use it well this day. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(432 words ~ 7:59 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment