Friday, June 7, 2013

excitement


Friday, June 7, 2013 (7:01 a.m.)
Tahoe Vista, CA
Most Holy Father God,
Hi. I've been putting You off. I'm sitting. Watching. Waiting for something inspiring to come along. How about I just start thanking You instead?
Like thanking You for keeping us all safe as we trudged carefully across the top of Cascade Falls yesterday. Yes Father. Thank You for us doing something we had never done together before.
And just now, as soon as I had thought of our trip up the falls, a smile crossed my face as I heard the sounds of a boat and looked out just in time to see an early morning waterskier pass by. Oh and listen, not only are there sounds of various species of birds ~ but the workers are back to operate their heavy equipment.
These are not the run-of-the-mill, everyday, usual things for which I would normally give You thanks. No. There's an added excitement with each one. A bare-chested, swim trunk wearing stand up paddle boarder oaring by in the 54 degree air temperature amazes me.
Father, You are so good to give us so many things for which to be grateful. Simple, often unnoticed things. Like health. And happiness. I have no idea what today is going to bring. We have no “big” plans. We must pack because going home has to happen. Back to “real” life.
But isn't THIS “real” as well? Can't we take some of the patience and appreciation for one another we have experienced this week back with us? There was sheer joy in sharing a meal of leftovers at an outside table as the sun was going down last night.
There is much excitement for me this day Dearest Father. A daughter who gets to begin her maternity leave today and ALL the anticipation that brings. There truly IS joy to be found in our journeys through life!
Yesterday we were once again reminded how it's not so much about the destination itself as it is in being aware of every single step we took. There was actual enjoyment of one another in the process. Encouragement. Excitement. Joy. Love. Peace. Patience. Kindness. Gentleness. Goodness. Faithfulness. And even self-control. Yes Father, all the fruit of Your Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23a).
That is exactly why I am coming to You this morning with such excitement. There is evidence all around us of You working in our lives. I ask You to have THAT be what we take home with us from this trip. Your love. Your joy. Your peace. Your patience. Your kindness. Your goodness. Your faithfulness. Your gentleness. Your self-control. You are so good. And we are so grateful.
With that I turn again to Psalm 63, where I had so eagerly landed earlier during this time with You. The Illustrated Bible Handbook offers this description for this particular psalm, “Close personal relationship with God brings the believer to the place of praise and joy.” Yes Dearest Father, it does!
This morning I use The Voice version of Your Word. A song of David while in the wilderness of Judah. “O True God, You are my God, the One whom I trust. I seek You with every fiber of my being (v.1a)... I have seen You in Your sanctuary and have been awed by Your power and glory (v.2). Your steadfast love is better than life itself, so my lips will give You all my praise (3). I will bless You with every breath of my life; I will lift up my hands in praise to Your name (4). My soul overflows with satisfaction, as when I feast on foods rich in marrow and fat; with excitement in my heart and joy on my lips I offer You praise (5).”
David's Truth of this psalm continues for six more verses. Father, how I thank You for guiding my excitement of praising You to it this morning.
How I ask You for the power of Your mighty strength (Ephesians 6:10) to be within me this day as I set out to get up and get going for the good of our family and Your most holy name. Let the excitement I am experiencing explode into something glorifying and honoring unto You.
I love You Father. I want that to be clearly visible in all I decide, am, think and do (Mark 12:30). Thank You, Father. I love You. Amen.
(734 words ~ 8:18 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment