Monday, June 3, 2013

beautiful lakes


Monday, June 3, 2013 (9:25 a.m.)
Tahoe Vista, CA
Awesome, Amazing Father God,
Thank You. You change my attitude. You change my heart. I come before You a wretched human being and You give me mercy and grace I don't deserve.
Thank You Father. Thank You that our son was able to follow his heart's desire to bike quite a bit around this beautiful lake and enjoy Christian fellowship in the doing. Thank You that in the execution of picking him up, we three were able to experience the quiet majesty of another beautiful lake.
In fact, there was a third lake involved with the beauty of yesterday. First Lake Tahoe. Second was the view of Cascade Lake from the top of the ridge by Emerald Bay. And finally the third, breath-taking experience of Fallen Leaf Lake.
A lake first introduced to us more than thirty-five years ago by the mother of a co-worker. Beautiful. Quiet. Other country-like. Quite similar to our thoughts of the Swiss Alps. In fact, very reminiscent of our cruise to Alaska.
Beauty, Father. Beautiful lakes I can't even begin to give You proper thanks for. Beautiful lakes that soothed my soul. Beautiful lakes that I know I must be willing to share with others.
Father, thank You for taking me from the selfish, self-centered, judgmental shrew with which I began the day yesterday and turning my thoughts, praise and glory back to you. Thank You for the privilege of seeing seven para-gliders enjoy the experience from above. Thank You for the opportunity to learn the difference between hang gliding and paragliding.
Thank You Father that there is so very much to learn. I ask You to guide me in my learning for this day.
Let me begin with the last verse of the book of Psalms, “Let everything that has breath praise the Lord! Praise the Lord!” (Psalm 150:6). Ah, yes. Praise You Father.
Thank You for blessing us and keeping us (Numbers 6:24). Thank You for making Your face shine upon us and being gracious to us (v. 25). Thank You for lifting Your face toward us and giving us peace (26). How I ask that we use it all well this day.
Thank You. Praise You. Love You. Amen.
(380 words ~ 10:90 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment