Monday, June 24, 2013

little bit


Monday, June 24, 2013 (6:54 a.m.)
Most Amazing Father God,
Straight off I'm asking You to take me in Your Word where You would have me be. I've already searched this word and that lyric and I don't have any sense of direction.
I'll start once again by thanking You. Thank You for a delightful evening with my husband. A time to laugh and hum and enjoy. Thank You for the tiniest “little bit” of cuteness we saw in the form of a very young girl.
And here I find myself reading in 1 Kings. Thank You Father. There are reminders of the importance of obeying You and the consequences of disobeying You. This particular book is filled with examples of both those who trusted You and those who insisted on doing things their own way. Father, how I ask You to continue Your work in turning my heart, soul, mind and strength (Mark 12:30) to that of loving and following You.
Elijah was one to follow Your leading. Because he believed You, he went out and camped beside a brook from which he drank and ate the bread and meat the ravens brought him each morning and evening (1King 7:5-6).
When that brook dried up (v.7), he then went into a village to a widow You had given Your instructions to (vs. 8-9). Father, this is the kind of faith and obedience I only wish I had. Elijah not only believed You, he actually followed through with what You told him to do.
Then there was the faithfulness of the widow. When Elijah arrived and asked her for a cup of water (10) he followed that by requesting a bite of bread (11). Here's a woman with next to nothing “...but a handful of flour in a jar and a little bit of olive oil in a jug” (12). Yet she obeyed!
The Life Recovery Bible comment says, “The widow of Zarephath demonstrated the delivering power of faith. She and her son faced starvation, but still she shared her last food with Elijah. She believed that God would come through, so she gave up her last resource for survival. The result was her deliverance.” YOU provided for her need! She trusted You and You took care of her.
That's the type of faith, hope and love (1Corinthians 13:13) I am asking You for Dearest Father. The kind that when all common sense points in one direction I would choose to offer up what little bit of security I had left to be used for Your good and Your glory.
I confess, I am not yet there. I continue holding on to that which I think I might need someday. Keep working in me Father. Free me from all that is not Your very best for me. Little bit by little bit move me closer to following You as You wish.
I love You so and long to serve You well. Empower me to do exactly that. Thank You Father. I love You. Amen.
(504 words ~ 7:57 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment