Wednesday, June 12, 2013

intensity


Thursday, June 12, 2013 (6:23 a.m.)
Most Blessed and Holy Father God,
THANK YOU!!! We are so very grateful to You. There were plenty of times to pray together these past few days. Thank You that last night, surrounded by circumstances and conversation was when it finally happened.
We take You for granted Father. Far too often we push You off to the side thinking we'll get with You later. Thank You that when we finally come to our senses we are aware of the work You've been doing in and for us all along.
We had four hours of intensity last night. All over a lost wallet. Mistakes were made. Police were called. Many prayers were said. And You provided great peace and resolution during the whole ordeal. Father thank You.
Thank You that even though the husband and I didn't meet with You together every one of the past three days, we were both blessed by Your sense of calm when we needed You most yesterday evening. Thank You Father.
I'm reading in Your Word, another place I haven't been recently, and it's all there just the way I left it on Sunday. Your Truth hasn't changed. There are still warnings and promises and of course Truth. Your Truth.
We clung to You last night Dearest Father. Every single turn the events of the day took another 'foxhole prayer' was sent up. Two days of afterthoughts and “I'm too tired”s were pushed immediately aside by, “Please God, please God, please.”
And here I am now wholeheartedly saying, “Thank You God. Thank You God. Thank You God.” Indeed, Thank You God!
Thank You for the presence of mind to go immediately to You at the very first sign of trouble. Thank You for working in and through this husband, keeping him calm, respectful, obedient and out of jail. You taught us a lot in a very short period of time. Lessons we would like to take with us as we remember Your goodness and Your grace.
Father, as I lie awake last night, unable to clear my mind to a point of sleep, I thought of wheat being separated from chaff. We definitely need the chaff of our days blown away. We love You Father. We've kind of fallen back into the trap of making our plans and then asking You to go along with us in them. I'd like right now to go back to asking You to lead and give us the strength and presence of mind to follow You.
You are good. Holy. Righteous. Deserving of our praise and worship. And just right there, my heart started humming and the husband filled in the words. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death Your perfect love is casting out fear And even though I'm caught in the middle of the storms of this life I won't turn back I know You are near And I will fear no evil For my God is with me... Oh no, You never let go Through the calm and through the storm... And there will be an end to these troubles But until that day comes Still I will praise You, still I will praise You
Daniel did exactly that. His book is full of examples of the lessons we can learn from his life. Things aren't perfect. We won't always get 'our' way. We are to trust You always. You can do anything. Thank You Father for the ways You have of reminding us of Your goodness and Your grace. We love You and long to serve You well this day. Make it so Dearest Father. Make it so. Amen.
(610 words ~ 7:54 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment