Thursday, June 20, 2013

starting off


Thursday, June 20, 2013 (6:39 a.m.)
Holy Father God,
Hi. Good morning. What do we say today? I love You. That's a good starting off point. In fact, I have to think it's the best.
Lately I've been saying that I don't know too much about too many things but I do know that You are good. I get to say that only because I absolutely believe You to be a good and loving God and Father.
Yesterday morning a group of women met together to stretch and nurture their bodies. In the process we discussed Your grace. This morning by searching 'starting off' I was taken to Titus 2:11-14 with more mention of Your grace.
It's Your grace that makes salvation available to everyone. Your grace that gives us hope in a world that often seems hopeless. Your grace for which I am absolutely grateful. Your grace that provides power in our everyday choices and actions.
Various forms of Your Word refer to Your grace as: “the free gift of eternal salvation” (The Living Bible), “God's readiness to give and forgive” (The Message), “God's loving kindness” (Worldwide English), “God's saving kindness” (Names of God Bible), and “His unmerited favor and blessing” (Amplified Bible). No matter how we phrase it, Your grace gives us opportunity for joy that we could have no other way.
Father, I truly thank You for the privilege of starting off my day with You. Thank You for bringing me to the hope and Truth found only in Your Word. With so many variations of The Bible from which to choose, it's the Contemporary English Version I quote right now.
“God has shown us how kind He is by coming to save all people. He taught us to give up our wicked ways and our worldly desires and to live decent and honest lives in this world. We are filled with hope, as we wait for the glorious return of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ. He gave Himself to rescue us from everything that is evil and to make our hearts pure. He wanted us to be His own people and to be eager to do right” (Titus 2:11-14).
Ah, yes, Most Blessed Father, make me eager to do right! I love You. I long to serve You well. Thank You for Your grace and holiness. Work in and through me this day I pray. I love You. I thank You. Amen.
(408 words ~ 7:46 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment