Tuesday, June 18, 2013

decide


Tuesday, June 18, 2013 (7:13 a.m.)
Most Holy God,
Thank You that You alone art One and that we are to love You with all of our hearts, souls, minds and strength (Mark 12:29-30). Thank You that in looking up these words Jesus spoke to those wanting to trap and kill him, I got to go over to Deuteronomy 6:4-5 where they were originally spoken by Moses to the Israelites.
Blessed Father, a phrase that sticks out from my reading this morning is something I ask You to work into my attitude, my being, my thoughts and my actions not just this day but always. 'Love is a decision that shows itself in appropriate action.'
Last week I again came across the importance of deciding in our hearts how much we should give (2Corinthians 9:7). The more I read about this concept, the less I see it speaking merely of finances. We have time. Talent. Ourselves.
Father, I truly want to make the conscious decision to give cheerfully of all the resources You have provided us. Enable and empower me to decide well this day. I love You Father and I ask that to be evident in my choices.
Be in and with me as I determine to love and trust You this day. And especially as I decide how best to share the faith, hope and love (1Corinthians 13:13) we have in You. Thank You Father. I love You. Amen.
(242 words ~ 8:12 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment