Saturday, June 22, 2013

focus


Friday, June 21, 2013 (7:28 a.m.)
Blessed Father,
Thank You! I don't feel good. But You are here and I get to be here with You and THAT's where I want to put my focus. Thank You Father. Thank You for taking me outside of myself.
There are so very many things for which to be grateful. Just moments ago there were sounds of birds outside, now it's practically silent.
Saturday, June 22, 2013 (6:49 a.m.)
Picking up where I left off. I feel better. Not yet best, but way better. Thank You for that. Thank You for the sounds of birds. Thank You for several chances to watch the moon throughout the night and early morning sky.
There are so very many things for which to give You thanks. Once we begin they just seem to flow.
Father, yesterday I had opportunity to ponder Matthew 6:6. The Message uses these words to express what Jesus told His followers about praying, “'Here's what I want you to do: Find a quiet, secluded place so you won't be tempted to role-play before God. Just be there as simply and honestly as you can manage. The focus will shift from you to God, and you will begin to sense His grace.”
I LOVE when that happens! It's not a given. There's not a set formula. Jesus continued saying, “The world is full of so-called prayer warriors who are prayer-ignorant. They're full of formulas and programs and advice, peddling techniques for getting what You want from God. Don't fall for that nonsense. This is your Father you are dealing with, and He knows better than you what you need. With a God like this loving you, you can pray very simply (vs. 7-8). Like this:...” Here He goes on giving the example of “The Lord's Prayer”.
Father God, how truly grateful I am to be allowed, able, encouraged to take the focus off myself and put it on You. Thank You for sending Jesus to teach and to show what loving You is really about. Empower me to use that love well this day. I am absolutely in awe of the way You work. I want my decisions, being, thoughts and actions (Mark 12:30) to glorify and represent You favorably.
Thank You for loving me. Thank You for changing me. Use me to Your good and to Your glory. I love You. Thank You. Amen.
(403 words ~ 7:29 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment