Sunday, June 16, 2013

showered


Sunday, June 16, 2013 (7:12 a.m.)
Awesome, Holy God,
Thank You! You showered us with love yesterday. We worked hard to get things ready. There were twists and turns and surprises all laced together by love. Thank You for supportive and encouraging friends and family that each want to be a part of another's life. Thank You for one husband's sincere love, admiration and respect for his wife after 45 years of knowing her that he wants to marry her all over again.
Thank You for safe fun and frolic in and around the pool. Father, You keep us safe.
(12:44 p.m.)
And right here, my focus changed. One minute I was reading Psalm 116, because verse seven reminds us of the blessings you shower upon us and the next I am reminded that today is Father's Day. And Who is THE Father above ALL fathers who deserves our praise and worship?
Yes Father! YOU! You shower us with blessings. You keep us supremely safe in Your care. Psalm 116 begins, “I Love the Lord because He hears my prayers and answers them. Because He bends down and listens, I will pray as long as I breathe!”
Isn't that exactly what a loving dad does? Yes Loving Dad. YOU keep us safe and showered with blessings and we are truly grateful.
Thank You for loving us with an unparalleled love. Empower us to use that love well this day. I love You so very much. Happy Father's Day, "Dad". Amen.
(247 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment