Wednesday, June 19, 2013

enjoy


Wednesday, June 19, 2013 (5:37 a.m.)
Most Holy Father God,
Good morning. What would You like to talk with me about today? How do we proceed? Where in Your Word shall we explore? Is there a particular word?
There seem to be many words. 'Proceed' led to 'procedure' which took me to 'Ecclesiastes' and 'enjoy'. Yes. Let's go with enjoy.
Only as I was 'saving' this document did I recognize the date. Nine years ago today we added another member to our family. It was a Saturday. In Pasadena. Family. Friends. Loved ones. Dresses. Flowers. Smiles. Tears. Music. Dancing. Love. Joy. Thank You Father. I asked for words and You keep providing them. Thank You for the reminder to celebrate and enjoy what You have joined together.
Father, as I take the time to explore the writings traditionally attributed to Solomon, I am again reminded that “life is God's good gift to be responsibly enjoyed, not a puzzle that must be solved” (The Life Recovery Bible).
Thank You that as the Preacher/Teacher of Ecclesiastes searched his own experiences for the answer to unlocking the door of life's meaning, he determined that we are to 'enjoy life the best we can considering the circumstances.' As he concluded his attempts to understand all the events in life that didn't make sense, I am grateful for his call to “Fear [honor, respect, worship, have reverence for] God and obey His commandments, for this is the entire duty of man” (Ecclesiastes 12:13).
We don't have to spend our time trying to make sense out of things we don't understand. We are to trust You. There are so very many things I don't 'get'. Thank You that that is not my job. My chief purpose? To glorify and enjoy You forever. Work in me this day to make it so.
Thank You Father for Your love. Do everything You must to reign my choices, being, thinking and actions (Mark 12:30) around to glorifying and enjoying You. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(334 words ~ 6:52 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment