Monday, October 29, 2012

another snag


Monday, October 29, 2012 (7:15 a.m.)
Faithful, Loving Father,
Thank You! We hit another snag around here yesterday. Assumptions were made. Disappointments took root. But You Dear Father, are teaching us not to withhold Your love. It's not easy. It's quite different than we are used to. Oh, but how I thank You.
Your ways are NOT our ways (Isaiah 55:8) nor Your thoughts our thoughts. THANK YOU for that! Thank You that You know EXACTLY what is best for each of us in every single situation.
Thank You Blessed Father for sending Your Beloved Son to teach us about loving You as You so rightly deserve. My natural defense yesterday was to withdraw. The wall went up and only general niceties were offered in exchange for each question asked. It was all very civil and superficial.
Thank You Loving God that You would have none of the pretense. Thank You that Your Word is alive (Hebrews 4:12) and kept reminding me of the need to forgive and be forgiven. Thank You for the mistakes I continue making which allow me to turn again and again to You. Asking, seeking, knocking (Matthew 7:7).
Thank You for the chance to wake up singing one chorus to You (I like it, I like it) that didn't seem quite as perfect once I looked up the lyrics. Thank You that the whole song changed without my even noticing to I have decided to follow Jesus... No turning back, no turning back
Thank You Loving Father, Gracious Jesus and Powerful Holy Spirit. It is the whole of You Three that I ask into me this day. Go before me. Above me. Beside, beneath and within me that I may serve You as You wish. Thank You for Your more than generous offer to be loved by You that I would in turn share Your perfect love with others.
Thank You so very much. I love You and am so incredibly grateful. Amen.
(328 words ~ 7:49 a.m.)  

No comments:

Post a Comment