Thursday, October 25, 2012

like a glove


Thursday, October 25, 2012 (6:55 a.m.)
Comforting Jesus,
Thank You. It seems like there was quite a bit of dreaming going on much earlier this morning. Lots of details. One actually made me wonder right in the middle why I would dream of those particular people. Thank You that even in the midst of it all I had a very clear sense of You. I was thinking thoughts and wondering wonders, yet still I knew You were near.
Jesus, thank You. The song that began over an hour ago keeps coming back to mind. Is it hokey? Is it Truth? Do I put my focus there on the wonders of it? Or is it just because I heard it again the other night?
May be all of the above. But You know what? It fits. Like a glove! I've got You under my skin. I've got You deep in the heart of me. So deep in my heart that You're really a part of me. I've got You under my skin
Yes Jesus. It's true. And I'm grateful. I have no idea where 'fits like a glove' will take us this morning. I'm asking You to lead and guide me exactly where You would have me go with this.
Okay. I'm taking the warm fuzzy. I've read several verses in Job and some in Hebrews but it's Psalm 33 that caused me to stop. And right there 'the song of the day' sang through again.
Let me ask You Precious Jesus, am I singing this song to You? Or are You singing it to me? I'm the one that absolutely tried so hard not to give in. I said to myself: this affair never will go so well. But why should I try to resist when, Jesus, I know so well I've got You under my skin?
Thank You Jesus that in all those years I tried ignoring You, You never once gave up on me. When I turned my back and wouldn't listen, You waited for me to come to my senses.
Thank You Jesus that in reading these lyrics once more I recognize a trick of satan and again see Your tremendous love for me. Maybe this song represents a duet for the two of us. You singing this next part. I'd sacrifice anything come what might For the sake of havin' you near. In spite of a warning voice that comes in the night And repeats, repeats in My ear “Don't You know Little Fool, You'll never win? Why not use Your mentality? Come on, step up to reality. But each time I do, just the thought of you makes Me stop before I begin 'Cause I've got you under My skin
Jesus, I can never, ever thank You enough for loving me as sacrificially as You do. This complete love of Yours fits. Perfectly. Just like a glove. Thank You Jesus. Thank You for loving me so very much.
Enable, empower, embolden me to use this love of Yours well this day. I love You and long to be a good steward of Your many blessings. Guide me. Teach me. Thank You. Amen.
(523 words ~ 8:20 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment