Thursday, October 4, 2012

contentment


Thursday, October 4, 2012 (11:54 a.m.)
Loving Lord Jesus,
Thank You. You are helping me get to know myself again. Looking to You, then back at myself, over at various circumstances and then back to You... what a concept.
Situations aren't perfect. Things still leak. Words get misconstrued. Feelings hurt. But here I am, one more time, content. Content like the apostle Paul wrote about in his letter to the Philippians (4:12-13).
Jesus, thank You. Thank You for this true peace that is absolutely passing all understanding (v. 7). It's You doing the work in me that is allowing me to experience contentment. Ease. Comfort. Well-being. Peace. Serenity. Tranquility. And this newest word to me, equanimity: mental calmness, composure, evenness of temper, equal mindedness.
Jesus, I have prayed so hard for so long and it's only when I again released it all to You that I have this true sense of being supremely guarded by You.
I've fought. I've tried. I've calculated. I've struggled. And when I finally gave everything up, surrendering all to You I've finally found rest. Peace. Contentment. Thank You Jesus.
I am asking You to continue working in and through me. Keep removing the defects of my character that don't serve You well. You are so good. So kind. So loving. I want to be more and more like You than anyone or anything else.
“Jesus.” What a powerful, wonderful name. Thank You Jesus for coming to do for us all that we are unable to do for ourselves. Thank You that You are perfect so we no longer have to try to be. Thank You for Your power of contentment in every situation. Remind me as often as necessary to keep all of my heart, soul, mind and strength focused on You. I love You so very much. Thank You for Your love. Your work. Your sacrifice. Use me as You wish. I love You. Amen.
(322 words ~ 12:43 p.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment