Wednesday, October 24, 2012

full mind


 Wednesday, October 24, 2012 (6:46 a.m.)
Thank You Jesus,
You have allowed [or is it arranged?] certain people in my life to have a huge impact on me. Yesterday morning as I used the word mindlessness, I remembered the family I met so many years ago who challenged me to speak more positively. When it came to searching Your Word, I looked up 'mindful' instead.
Jesus, thank You that even in the middle of what seemed an extremely long night of very little sleep You came to mind. And I had rest. And peace. I took the very positive word of yesterday's morning and turned it around. Where I had spent the day in an attempt to be mindful, I was spending much of the night with a very full mind! Thank You.
Thank You that shifting thoughts around is possible and giving them a positive spin helps. Even now. I had come out here with the intent of following up with where I left off yesterday. You would have none of that.
Words wouldn't come as I tried to finish up. The moment I decided to start fresh, with a brand new page, all kinds of praise began. Thank You Jesus. Thank You for memories of this one particular family and my mom's fond appreciation of the good looks and kindness of the dad. All in such a very good way.
Thank You for Your Word. Thank You that yesterday I got to turn to Proverbs 10:23, Romans 11:19-20 and 1 Corinthians 14:13-17 and get my feet just a little bit wet in them. Thank You that perhaps one day we will explore these verses together again.
Thank You especially for right now. I don't have to beat myself up over something I left undone. Or perhaps it was all I needed to do. You know, so I don't necessarily have to. Thank You for that as well!
This morning I get to once again explore 'taking thoughts captive' (2 Corinthians 10:5). Blessed Jesus, how I ask You to continue Your work in me. Keep pulling out the weeds that get in the way of the growth You are truly nurturing in my heart, mind, soul and strength (Mark 12:30). As much as I love You now, I desperately want to love You more. Better. Well!
Thank You for Your love. Thank You for Your grace. Your mercy. Your power and Your strength. Help me use them to glorify and enjoy You this day. I love You. I thank You. Amen.
(422 words ~ 7:44 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment