Saturday, November 3, 2012

catch-up


Saturday, November 3, 2012 (11:02 a.m.)
Blessed Father,
I'm attempting to play catch-up here. A couple of prayers were started this week that didn't really go too far toward completion. You know me though. You not only know how to get my attention, but hold it as well. I believe You want me to learn something important through this process so I offer this entry to You in the note taking way I originally began it:

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 (9:57 a.m.)
Mo's kitchen table
Lakewood, CA
Blessed Father God,
Speak to me this day about “the promised land”. The thought hit about four a.m. and continues coming to mind.
I'm here without my usual Bible and other resources.

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 (6:58 a.m.)
Amazing Father God,
Thank You for guiding and directing my thoughts this morning. Distractions could have easily taken over my thought process. Songs could once again have sidetracked, rather than enhanced, our time together. Thank You Father. Thank You Jesus. Thank You Holy Spirit.
Caleb
Numbers 13    Numbers 14:24    Joshua 14-15   Judges 1   1Chronicles4:15
Believes God's promises against all odds
With God's help – conquer all obstacles and difficulties
Believes God's Word despite the obstacles
Self-worth NOT based on opinions/acceptance of others
Joshua
urged people to trust God – He is loving, powerful, able to lead
WHOLE generation except Caleb and Joshua died in the desert
Joshua 24:15 “...me and my family”
Can't escape pain by avoiding responsibility and its demands
Often experience much deeper pain when we run from it than when we accept it
Trust and obedience outweighs ability

Saturday, November 3, 2012 (11:27 a.m.)
I'm not sure what You would have me take away from this added time together, but I ask You to bless it nonetheless. I love You Father and I thank You for every single aspect of Your Being. Thank You for this opportunity to learn and to share more of Your Word. I love You. Thank You. Amen.
(329 words ~ 11:33 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment