Friday, October 26, 2012

to Whom do we pray?


Friday, October 26, 2012 (6:57 a.m.)
Blessed Father, Beloved Son, Powerful Holy Spirit,
Forty-five minutes into our time together and I'm still trying to decide how to address my prayers to You. Hearing yesterday and reading just a little bit of a book entitled Forgotten God: Reversing Our Tragic Neglect of the Holy Spirit I truly didn't know how to begin.
Searching 'to Whom do we pray' the answer that shows up repeatedly is “we pray to God the Father, by the name of Jesus, in the power of the Holy Spirit.” Verses cited in support of this are John 14:13-14, Romans 15:30 and Romans 8:26.
Father, I confess. I feel as though I'm sitting here with a giant question mark over my head. Read this. Search that. Wonder. Think. Confess. Yes, Father. I am confessing the Truth of Romans 8:26 to You right now.
The Message uses these words for this verse, “Meanwhile, the moment we get tired in the waiting, God's Spirit is right alongside helping us along. If we don't know how or what to pray, it doesn't matter. He does our praying in and for us, making prayer out of our wordless sighs, and aching groans.”
Blessed Father, as I struggle in my approach to You, I ask that You would teach me more of Your desire for me. You created me for a reason. You know the plans You have for me (Jeremiah 29:11).
In looking at Your Word just now I am reminded that it is “through prayer and meditation” that we “improve our conscious contact with God, as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out” (Step 11 of 12).
Still thumbing through, I come across “A NO-FAIL Recipe” using 2 Peter 1:1-11 as its source. “Do you want more and more of God's kindness and peace? Then learn to know Him better and better. For as you know Him better, He will give you, through His great power, everything you need for living a truly good life: He even shares His own glory and His own goodness with us!” (vs. 2-3)
Blessed Father, Beloved Son, Powerful Holy Spirit imprint Your Truth into every single aspect of my being. I love You so very much and I absolutely want it to be with all of my heart and soul and mind and strength (Mark 12:30). Do in and through me all that I cannot do and be by myself. I love You. I thank You. Amen.
(425 words ~ 8:32 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment